St. John's Adult Education
St. John's offers several ways to grow your faith by individual study and group discussion. According to the Book of Proverbs, the Lord tells us that even the wise man "may hear and increase in learning and the man of understanding acquire skill." So here are some of the many ways we can do that at St. John's.
- The Holy Happy Hour Bible Study is a week-night online forum that provides participants an opportunity to explore and discuss Old and New Testament Scripture in a casual and relaxed virtual atmosphere through Zoom. The goal of every session is to leave participants with a "take away" or message from each passage that will enable them to grow as a person and a Christian. All one needs to take part is a Bible, an inquiring mind and an internet compatible device. A good sense of humor is also helpful.
- Contributors enjoy sharing their thoughts on selected books of the Bible. Past discussions have focused on Matthew and Ephesians, along with having fun talking seriously about the book of Proverbs.
- Various members of St.John's rotate in serving as moderator A link to upcoming sessions may be found in the weekly "News from the Pews” along with links to videos of past sessions.
St. John's Church Library
- Assembled by a former librarian, this collection of books is arranged by subject for easy browsing, and contains many levels of theology and practical Christianity. All members of St. John's are welcome to help themselves to a good read; just be sure to sign the book out and return it within a month.
- To offer goodwill to our brothers and sisters of other faiths, we have had a beautiful presentation of the Day of the Dead by the members of the English as a Second Language class, and a seder meal to commemorate the Jewish holiday of Passover. In the future we hope to do the same for Islam and B'hai.